- Has an older sister named Helen and a little brother named John
- She says of herself that she was a solitary child who lived in the world of books and her own vivid imagination.
-She lived all over the world( New York,Carlisle, Pennsylvania, Tokyo...) because her father was a career military officer ( an Army dentist)
- High school was back in New York City, but by the time she went to college (Brown University in Rhode Island)
- She married a Naval officer as she was nineteen years old.
- Her daughter was born in California, her son Florida was born in South Carolina (later she had another son and another daughter)
- So she has four children.
- She returned to college at the University of Southern Maine and got her degree.
- Went to graduate school, and finally began to write professionally, the thing she had dreamed of doing since those childhood years when she had endlessly scribbled stories and poems in notebooks.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/authphoto_330/18179_lowry_lois.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.randomhouse.com/teens/authors/author.pperl%3Fauthorid%3D18179&usg=__yOL1yKdde758u7Cs92XcAyWXX8U=&h=504&w=330&sz=44&hl=de&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=1hr4uRlPGkQsqM:&tbnh=155&tbnw=97&ei=ODJ1TbGwBIaglAf7w7hE&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlois%2Blowry%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dde%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D475%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=270&oei=ODJ1TbGwBIaglAf7w7hE&page=1&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=82&ty=46 I´m sorry for the very long link o.o- Her marriage ended in 1977
- Today she is back in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- She also has written about her Experience
- A Summer to Die, her first book, was a highly fictionalized retelling of the early death of her sister, and of the effect of such a loss on a family.
What she wants to tell us with her stories: (Her own words)
- "I am a grandmother now. For my own grandchildren - and for all those of their generation - I try, through writing, to convey my passionate awareness that we live intertwined on this planet and that our future depends upon our caring more, and doing more, for one another."